Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Funny Little Feeling"

Well, I come to you now after a couple of the strangests days of my life. Sunday night, I volunteered at Give Kids The World for my third time. It was truly amazing again as I got to just spend time with kids and help them have fun. Two of my best friends from back home, Andrew Dobney and Michael Gariepy, drove down this past thursday, but due to my work schedule we couldn't meet up until early monday morning, for all of monday and tuesday, because those were my days off for the week, or were supposed to be the only ones. We started our time out by going to Typhoon Lagoon, an awesome Disney Waterpark. About 12 o'clock, while laying out on my stomach, i felt a very weird feeling in my male parts. I felt like i had to pee, but everytime i went to go do that, i barely had anything in the chamber. So i didn't think anything of it. As the day continued the feeling became more evident and a little more painful. As my boys, my friend Kathryn and I went out to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's, the guys restaurant of choice, i was hit with a very painful feeling in my stomach.

The pain was nearly unbearable and i was praying to God that he would help me pass out, just so i didn't have to feel it anymore. We had to call 911 and they sent some people over to us. They ran my heart rate along with all my other vitals, to see that everything was higher than it should be. They put me on a stretcher and called the ambulance. I was wheeled into the back of the ambulance, and Kathryn was put into the front seat. It was an extremely long 10 or 15 minutes of painful driving. We got to the hospital and I waited about 10 more minutes for a room to open up in the ER. Once I got put into room 14, I waited in agony for a doctor for about 35 or 40 minutes. He came in and gave me a pain killer that was like a form of morphine, which thankfully took it all away. I then went up and had an ultrasound on my male parts, and then a CT Scan. I came back down and was told that I was the proud owner of my very first Kidney Stone. That thing hurt like a mother! They asked me if it was the worst pain i had ever felt, and i said i didnt know, because i have felt a lot of different bad things. The thing that sucked about this one, was that there was no break from pain, it was constant never leaving, never moving! horrible. So i want to send a warm thank you to my dad, because i found out that these are hereditary, and also a shout of concern to Brad, who will probably get one one day, and even Isaac. Take cover boys, those things attack with a vengence!

2 comments:

Katie Veenstra said...

Freaking Hilarious. I'm glad you're okay poop wiener.

Anonymous said...

Funny how there aren't any posts after that one...it just kind of leaves you speechless. Thanks for the heads up. I don't think there is any way to brace for that kind of thing though. Peace.