Well it was that time of year again, the annual Disney Trip for the Stolman family and all there connecting parts. This year was a little different. They had no Brad, Lisa or Isaac. There daughter had a new last name because of the Bryan Veenstra guy. And me, I was already down here working for Disney. A couple of firsts, and probably not a couple of lasts. This trip went extremely well. First of all, I had five days off of work, which couldn't have come at a better time. I truly got to introduce my family to the world that I've been living in down here for the past couple of months. We did just about all we could do in the time they had down here. They completed time in all four parks, one water park (which was the only one that was open), a different restaurant just about every night, a tigers game (two for me), a pool day (though it rained, but we had some good snacks), shopping and getting caught in some of the thickest rain Florida has to offer. We had nothing but laughs to share with each other this vacation. Everyone left their stress back in Michigan, and I left mine at my job. We all meshed and had an extremely fun week. I want to give everyone a little bit of their own shout outs:
To the Ferguson family, I love having you guys as our partner family in crime down here. I'm thrilled to death that ya'll will be joining the vacation club in the near future. I can't wait to check out the new DVC community at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's always so much fun having you guys blended with our family. You all bring your own special gift to our trip, and we are excited for the trips to come.
To Bryan Veenstra, you are one of my bests and every time I get to hang out with you is a good time. We always share a lot of laughs, sometimes through jokes that only you and I get or find funny. I'm so happy that you love Disney, you really needed to in order to not be kicked out of this family, haha j/k. But I'm more thrilled that you are passionate about one thing at Disney, and that would be the Fox and the Hound. That will always give us something to do when we come down and keep our eyes open for. I'm excited for all the vintage merchandise that you and I are going to hunt down in the future. Be good til we see each other again, and take care of that wife of yours! love you bro!
To Katie Stolman. What can I say? You are one of my favorite people in the entire world. I love that I can do just about anything and have you laugh at me. It's one of my biggest joys in life, getting to make you laugh, and I don't see that changing until the day I die, so I'm pretty excited about that. I love when you and I get to have serious talks on the other hand. I feel like you have so much to offer me with all the knowledge you have, and love the feedback that you give me. Thanks for always supporting me and these silly disney dreams that I have. It's reassuring to know that I have an awesome family in my corner. Love you K8!
To my Mother, who has been putting up with my crap for 21 years now. I love you and I'm so glad that I got to share my Disney experience with you for at least a few days. I'm thankful for all the support you gave me to get down here, and what you give me while I am down here. You are the one who is most excited for the time and stuff that I get to experience while I'm here in Disney. Obviously your opinion of me is important, and I'm thankful for all the advice you've given me. I will need a lot more of that in my near future as decisions in my life are made. I'm thankful that you and dad allowed me to experience this time in Florida, and at the same time can't wait to get home to spend my usual time with you and the rest of the fam. I love you mom and I know I will talk to you soon. Disney Bandits together 'til the day the world ends! Love you.
To my Father, who is one of the most respectable men I've ever met. Thank you for being such a good father and husband and always taking care of our family. I'm thankful for the time you and I got to spend down here together Paw. We always have fun when we go to tigers games, even if it is just pre-season. However we didn't know we'd get to see a celebrity in the crowds. We were lucky enough to be graced by the presence of Sloth from the Goonies, a pretty amazing feature of that game. Sharing a beer with you at the game was great fun Dadio. I'm so happy you got to escape your busy life back home and take some time off to just enjoy yourself. You truly fit in down here and whenever Disney receives you as one of their bus drivers, will be a lucky day for them. Love you Dad and can't wait to see you again.
And just so no one is left out. Brad, Lisa, Isaac and little Stolman-to-be, I love you guys equally as much as everyone else. I'm really hoping you all can make it down here to visit me. You are the only ones I haven't seen in a few months, and I would love to see you all in person. I love you all and hope that the fam is doing great, and keep me updated on those kids of yours, haven't gotten any pictures in a while!! Hope to see you all in the monts to come.
I love you all,
Brian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That made me really miss coming down with your family like we have so many times in the past.
Just think, you guys will be hauling your butts (and the butts of all your kids) down to Disney when Noah and Sam graduate! How fun will that be??
Hey Bud,
Thanks for the kind words. Was great being with you - time passed much too quickly. I guess seeing Sloth was a bigger deal than talking with Peter Gammons a couple of years ago ("How 'bout those Tigers, Peter ?). Will miss you during the month of March, but will be rooting for UNC, as I know you will too.
Love You Son,
Dad
Brian, you're the best man. I love reading your blog and seeing your love for people. Keep up the good work my man. Hopefully the Gailey 5 will see you sometime.
hey ba-ba - we need some more entries!!! hurry!
mom and 'ida'
Post a Comment