My Disney experience started less than a week ago, and already I'm having the time of my life. In six days I've done so much. I've met a lot of cool and interesting people from all over our country and even many from all over the world. Disney truly brings people together, and in my eyes it brings some of the best. I've already went to Epcot Center, the Magic Kingdom, and ate at Planet Hollywood, in Downtown Disney, which is where I'll be working. I have received a job at "The Art of Disney" which is in the marketplace area. It's all the way down at the right end next to the Rainforest Cafe, for those of you who are interested in coming to visit me. I actually put in a request with my recruiter to work at this store, because when I was little the only thing on my mind was working for Disney animation making movies. I was an art major for a little bit before I chose to take my life a different way. Plus most of those great movies are digital now. However, in this place I get to be around art and animation all day long. I get to watch artists in action and I get to study it on a daily basis.
I am receiving credits back home through GVSU, and have already began to put in work time for my classes. For one of my communications classes, I was instructed to set up a blog, hence the reason you get to read up on my life for the next 4 months, maybe 7. Another thing I will be talking about in my blog, is how I can relate my working experience to concepts that I am learning about in my 'Business and Professional Communications' book, so look for some interesting facts that ya'll (I'm already picking up some southern drawl) might not know. The other thing I've already got to take part in is a non-profit organization called 'Give Kids The World'. This is a program for people who want to volunteer to work with kids who's last wish was to make a trip down to orlando. It's an organization that Disney and many surrounding companys donate heavily to. If ya'll have heard of "Make a Wish Foundation," it's strongly comparable to that. The experience was amazing, and I will be going back, not only because a class back home requires me to, but because this was a place where I can go and just show love to others, strangers at that, and kids with terminal illnesses at that. Anyways look for more information on that in the days, weeks, and months to come. Looking forward to hearing comments on this and miss ya'll very much. I'll be posting again real soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Dude, it's like your dream come true. You and Mickey Mouse, standing pool side, hand in hand. We miss you and we're excited for you! Isaac says, "Hi Bubba."
Love you man,
Brad, Lisa & ICS
Excellent, Bri. Keep the posts coming!!!
thanks guys, love and miss all you!
Brian, I really want to come down and see you while you're there. I'm glad I get to follow you in your Disney adventures!
Hey Bud,
Glad you are off to such a great start. Do not forget to 'Network' each and every day. Am proud of you working with the terminally ill children. You are just the guy to make them smile.
Lolve,
Dad
Shucks Brian-- it seems like the blog was a pretty good idea. You've already got a pretty good fan club. I'm really proud of you and I can't wait to read all about your trip.
I love you man. Reading your blog was great way to start my day. You have such a gift of love Brian, thank you for sharing it with my family. I'm proud to say I've been blessed to watch you grow into the man that you are. Keep the love, keep the faith.
Hey Brian, Sounds like Disney has embraced you and tapped into your inner heart! The excitement and happiness rings loud & clear! Enjoy tuning your education and keep those little children smiling! Miss you and can't wait to visit in 12 days. See ya soon...
Keep Snow White and the rest of the princesses Evie said hi. You're now Evie's coolest cousin since you took a picture with Mickey Mouse.
Hi Brian,
Antonio Neves(who was an usher in our wedding) did the Disney program a few years ago. He used to be a host on Nick's UPick Live and now going back to school at NYU and is a writer/director. Here is what he wanted me to pass on to you...
---------
Network, network, network. With
his peers on the program, but also with Disney staff
outside of the parks realm. Depending upon his major,
make sure he makes some connects in that respective
field and do as many informational interviews as
possible. The college program staff should be a good
start if he for example says, "I want to get into
marketing and would like to have an informational
interview with someone in that department." He'll get
out of it what he puts into it and he'll make friends
for a lifetime. 11 years later, I'm still close with
lots of folks I met there. Lastly, tell him to have as
much FUN as possible. The internship will blow by.
Coolest cousin?!?!? I'll show that Mickey Mouse guy a thing or two. Dude, when you gonna update this thing? All I do is sit home all day and night and hit "refresh, refresh, refresh," and nothing. Give me something for crying out loud!
Brad
Post a Comment